People ought to be thankful for every blessing they receive from God. In as much everyone will agree with this fact, most people still find it difficult sometimes to give God their heartfelt praises. We drag our feet and wait for the happy moment to come so that we can express our gratitude to God. Meanwhile, the practice of giving God conditional praises is insufficient to satisfy God. In fact, the practice of offering God conditional praises shows how much ungrateful we are to God who blesses us with undeserving benefits.
This post will not only scold the readers, but it will also teach us how to retrain our minds to do the due diligence – Offering God an unconditional appreciation!
Indeed, God deserves our praises. He has done so many things for us that deserve us honoring him at all times. Everyone ought to give God his or her best thanksgiving to God at all times. That is, we must consider it a matter of importance to give our unconditional quality praises to God whether we are in the mood to do so or not.
Everyone (myself inclusive) has the tendency to drag our feet when things don’t go our way. Meanwhile, over time, I have learned to settle with a simple slogan crafted for myself, “If you can think, you can thank!”
My slogan: “If you can think, you can thank!” can also be rephrased as “Someone who can reflect on his past will be motivated to thank God.”
There are so many benefits to derive from cultivating the attitude of specially thanking God.
Thanksgiving Is Vertically Effective
Thanksgiving is a service rendered to God. It is an exercise that put us in a position to offer something to God – which is rare!
Prayer positions us to request something from God, while thanksgiving positions us to offer something to God. What a remarkable opportunity!
Thanksgiving exercise brings pleasure to God. It also brings a blessing to us. That is, God sends down his blessing to us to compensate our efforts. (Meanwhile, we should not praise God with the aim to manipulate and receive his blessing; we should praise God for who he is.)
You Must Overcome Discouragement To Truly Thank God
Thanksgiving, as much as it pleases God and leads to our blessings, requires a significant effort from us. A person must be ready for it before it can be effectively done. Satan will attempt to interrupt the process.
To overcome any odd and bring God some dedicated worships, note the following factors:
- Don’t allow your problem to consume you. Shift your mind from your problem and focus on God. (You can’t centralize your mind on a problem and still expects to have enough motivation to praise God .)
- Don’t wait till the feeling of thanksgiving comes; take a personal approach and set some times aside to praise God!
- Make it a point of duty to reflect on your past success; let your discovery motivate you into praising God.
- Don’t be condemned of the past; don’t be anxious about tomorrow; praise God for today!
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone – simply thank God for who you are!
“Reflection” is what you need to have an ability to thank God. If you can think you can thank God. ✌️🙏😁
Thanksgiving Requires Thoughtfulness
Life sometimes throws a curve ball at people, but don’t allow anything in this life to steal your joy! Don’t let any stressful situation take away your right to praise God.
Don’t dwell on your emotion to tell you when to praise God. Be proactive to create the moment yourself. Understand there is no rule requires; just start to think positively about God and count his blessings in your life.
To create an atmosphere of praises, ask yourself the following three questions:
- Has God added anything positive to my life between then and now?
- Has God protected me from any danger in the past?
- Has God done anything for my family deserving of saying “Thank you God”?
If your responses to those questions are affirmative, then you are all set to begin sending God your heartfelt praises.
Verbalize your appreciations to God. Say it out loud, “Thank you God!”
You Are Very Important To God!
Last But Not The Least: You’re a VIP!
- Understand that your life worths more than a sparrow. God owns your life; he is able to care for you more so that you can have more reasons to praise him.
- Understand that you are a Very Important Personality (VIP) of God. Raise your head high and walk tall – with full assurance that all shall be well!
- If you can make thanksgiving your routine practice, God’s angels will soon deliver some new packages of blessing to your life. Be assured that God will compensate your appreciative efforts!
I hope you can take a deep breath now and say, “Thank you Lord!”